About Terra Volatile
Here you find a walkthrough to understand this deck.
The Terra Volatile tarot is made of 22 Major Arcana cards and 5 Minor Arcana suits – Wands, Swords, Coins, Cups and Vessels (Aether, also called Quintessence).
This is a 92 cards tarot, but you are free to use just the original 78 cards by removing the suit Vessels.
This tarot also comes with 12 alternative cards, which allows you to build your own deck.
Terra Volatile was created in 2020 by Credo quia Absurdum.
The first edition was produced and released in February 2021.
In the 22 cards of the Major Arcana, you can find different alternatives.
(click in the name or card to read more about each one)
DID YOU KNOW?
– You can have the 4 virtues in your deck: Justice/Fortitude/Prudence/Temperance.
– The Lovers appear in the Devil’s card.
– The Fooless becomes the Queen of Cups.
– The deck is called Terra Volatile, because of its double side. Terra means Earth, and is a fixed element. Volatile in alchemy means eternal change, something that cannot be firmly defined, and is always in transformation. With that we joined two opposite states of matter (Fixed/Volatile) and found the balance between them.
– The cats in The Fool are our cats.
There are Historical and Pop Culture associations:
– The Rebirth portrays the Swamp Thing (comics).
– There are some references to the Atomic Bombs in the Misery Collector.
– Our Alchemist is inspired by Jodorowsky’s Holy Mountain.
We also depict a few Mythological Figures:
– Hercules is at the crossroads in The Lovers and in The Strength.
– Ares is the Emperor and Venus the Empress.
– Our Universe is Shiva-Nataraja.
– In The Wheel of Fortune you can find king Midas with the donkey ears.
– Prudence is the Rebis personification.
– The story of David and Goliath appears in the Page of Swords.
– The statue of the Ephesian Artemis is shown in the Three of Cups and in The Sun.
– The Laughing Buddha appears in the Nine of Cups.